Do you want to dye textiles with living bacteria, print new 3D materials, investigate how to digitize patterns and think about new production processes in the textile and fashion industry? Do you want to be part of the future of the clothing industry and a global network of pioneers around the world?
You can, by joining the Fabricademy starting on September 20, 2022.
Fabricademy: Textile & Technology Academy is a transdisciplinary course that focuses on the development of new technologies applied in the textile industry, in its broad range of applications, from the fashion industry all the way to the upcoming wearable market. For a detailed description of the program and its activities, see the Fabricademy Handbook.
The 6-month program runs in selected laboratories across the world and it is structured in two phases:
- 3-month intensive learning: 13 weekly online classes by global experts and weekly local trainings and assignments guided by the local instructors.
- 3-month final project development, mentored by local instructors and advised by global experts.
During the whole program, students have full access and guidance to an equipped laboratory. Selected works from Fabricademy students will be showcased at international exhibitions around the world.
Participants at the Fabricademy learn:
- Research and Design methodology
- Sustainability in Fashion and Textile field
- Open source approach, contribution and dissemination
- Digital Design in 2D and 3D
- Digital Fabrication techniques, processes, machines
- BioFabrication of materials, natural pigments and dyes
- 3D modeling CAD and CAM software
- Programming and electronics for wearables and e-textiles techniques
Apply today in this journey at the intersection of Textiles, Digital fabrication and Biology!
The échofab will act as a node in the Fabricademy program starting this fall.
Email for more information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To visit the program website and register: Fabricademy